Friday, 2 June 2017

Mixed media

Hi, thought id post photo of my latest mixed media project , this is actually a square canvas although it doesnt look so in the photo. I started with a blank 9 x9 canvas and coated it with  a shaving foam and mixed ink layer. I then sprayed a few inks on top . The flowers are made from  parchment paper and i used the Tina Cox "groovi plate" after cutting them out i coloured the from behind and then glued them together adding a coloured bead in the centre. I also ran a line of beads on either side and sprinkled some around the board.
Id like to enter this in the mixed media challenge at Creative Artiste

4 comments:

Tania Ridgwell said...

What a stunning canvas, great technique onthe background! Just love all those handmade flowers too! Thanks for joining us this month at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog :)

DeBe said...

This is absolutely fabulous Isobel I really love it! Love, Denyse x

Desire Fourie said...

Wow Isobel this is just stunning and I adore the dimension on the flowers and the vibrant orange and pink.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Judy McKay said...

Beautiful mixed media flowers. Very stunning creation. Thank you for joining us at Creative Artiste this month. Hope to see your lovely art work back here again soon. Judy DT